Pack conveyor comes in many types to ensure optimum efficiency and avoid pack damage.
Pack Conveyor Types :
- Crate conveyor – chains are generally manufactured in stainless iron (magnetic) / stainless steel (non-magnetic).
- Pack Conveyor for Crates, cartons and shrink-wrapped trays – gravity, power roller, zero pressure conveyor and belt conveyors.
The pack conveyors are manufactured in standard length modules from single width slats to multiple width slats dependent upon application.
The systems are designed around well-proven technology and drawn from 50 years of experience in the conveying field. Pack conveyor speeds and accumulations are derived from formulae gained from experience in handling crates, cartons, shrink wrapped trays etc.
With multipack handling there are often requirements to incorporate laning and turning devices:-
• Multipack and carton laning:- this can be either with a moving arm type unit or a platen type unit. The pallet type units are programmable and therefore very flexible. This allows a single or twin infeed being split to twin lane or triple lane or quadruple lane on a continuous basis. This is especially useful when feeding 2×2 multipacks to a shrinkwrapper for final packaging with 24 bottles or cans in a tray.
• Additionally these devices can be used for continuous combining of two separate feeds into one in the case of two slow speed lines feeding a high speed palletiser
Turning of cartons and multipacks :
90 degree continuous motion pack turning. This ahs the benefit of reducing pressure into the final packer and assisting in the formation of the final pack collation- see video
- In-line pack turning; this can either be differential slat chains or a fixed bar.
Pallet Conveyors we supply :
Driven roller conveyor
- Chain conveyor
- Gravity roller conveyors
- Pallet transfer and pallet shuttles (Industrial AGV) units guided by:
1) Laser (LGV).2) Ground wire (AGV).3) Inertial (IGV).4) Rail (RGV).
Also combined units (LGV + AGV) are available.
One application Enterprise completed was a pallet transfer where the pallet left the factory went over a bridge and arrived in a separate warehouse!